Regular visits to your family dentist in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA also serving Dove Canyon, CA, can protect your smile.
You’re busy, so it’s easy to procrastinate when it comes to taking care of your smile. Unfortunately, if you neglect your smile, both you and your smile can suffer.
Dr. Scott Bianchi of Dove Canyon Dental in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA also serving Dove Canyon, CA, offers a full range of family dentistry services to protect your smile.
Dental visits should happen every 6 to 12 months, and they should include a dental examination, x-rays, and a professional dental cleaning.
So, how do you know if it’s been too long since you’ve seen your dentist? These are 5 signs to look out for:
- Your teeth hurt, and the pain doesn’t go away. Tooth pain is a common symptom of tooth decay, a leaking dental filling, or a dental abscess. These are all dental conditions that can only get more painful as time goes on. It’s time to visit your dentist for a dental exam and x-rays.
- Your gums are bleeding when you brush and floss. Bleeding gums is an obvious sign of gum disease, which can turn into periodontal disease, threatening your smile. It’s time to visit your dentist for a dental exam, x-rays, and professional teeth cleaning.
- Your tooth pain gets worse when you eat or drink hot or cold foods and beverages. Thermal sensitivity is a sign the pulp of your tooth may be inflamed or infected. It’s time to visit your dentist for a dental examination, x-rays, and possibly a root canal.
- Your teeth don’t feel stable. Tooth mobility is a sign of bone loss caused by periodontal disease. Untreated periodontal disease can lead to permanent tooth loss and the loss of your smile. It’s time to visit your dentist for supportive periodontal therapy.
- You’ve stopped smiling because you don’t like your smile. This is a sign you can benefit from cosmetic dentistry procedures. They can give you back the beautiful smile you remember. It’s time to visit your dentist for professional teeth whitening, veneers, or other cosmetic dentistry services.
To find out more about how visiting your dentist regularly can protect your smile, call Dr. Bianchi of Dove Canyon Dental in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA also serving Dove Canyon, CA, at (949)-589-4100 now!